If you are experiencing reduced mobility, Local Authority Grants are available to enable modifications to your home.
We specialise in Grant Work and offer our customers assistance, from start to finish, in all aspects of Grant Applications. We work in conjunction with a wide range of Local Authorities, including Dublin City Council, South Dublin County Council, Fingal County Council, Dun Laoghaire – Rathdown County Council, Kildare County Council, Wicklow County Council, Meath County Council and Louth County Council amongst others.
With almost fifteen years of experience, we have become extremely familiar with Council specifications with regards to adjustments to your home, for which we can offer our customers advice and solutions.
Two schemes are available: Mobility Aids Grant Scheme, or for more extensive work the Housing Adaptation Grant for Older People and People with a Disability.
Cooley Healthcare are experts in the area of Disability Bathrooms, Stairlifts, Ramps and other Mobility Home Modifications.
For free assistance with your grant application, please contact us by email or call us on 01 5470611.
Schedule a Call Back
Step-by-Step Grant Process
- The Local Authority grants are means tested, taking into consideration the total household income from the previous year. If household income exceeds €60,000 for the previous year, you will not qualify for a grant.
- Depending on which Council your area is covered by, you may need to gather quotations from more than one company.
- The Council may also request an Occupational Therapist’s Report depending on the adaptation. The fee for the Occupational Therapist’s services may be reimbursed by the Council within the grant allocation.
- The following steps will then need to be completed:
- Fill in personal details on application form
- If an Occupational Therapist’s report is required, you can contact your local health centre and request an assessment from a Community Occupational Therapist or source a Private Occupational Therapist.
- Doctor’s Certificate: You will need to bring the application form to your GP for this section to be completed.
- Gather details of income for the previous year (pension statements, P21 balancing statement etc.)
- Obtain Local Property Tax statement. This can be done online or by phoning Revenue Local Property Tax Office.
- Obtain quotations from contractors.
- If the value of the work is greater than €10,000 (excluding VAT), a tax clearance certificate must be obtained from Revenue.
- Use the checklist at the back of the application form to ensure all steps are covered.
- Submit application form, Occupational Therapist’s recommendations (if required), household income for previous year, Local Property Tax statement, and contractors’ quotations and tax clearance certificates to the Council.
- Following submission of application form, the Council may come out to inspect the property prior to approving the grant application.
- The Council offer up to 95% of the cost of the work (excluding VAT) under this grant scheme.
- VAT on this type is refundable, and we at Cooley Healthcare can assist with the paperwork for this.
Cooley Healthcare can offer assistance with all of the above. For queries, please contact our office where a member of our team would be very happy to help.
Benefits of Properly Equipped Bathroom
With fifteen years of experience, Cooley Healthcare have become leaders in the provision of modern safety solutions in the home. We recognise that adapting the home to suit changing needs can be daunting, so our aim is to make the experience stress-free by using highly experienced fitters and quality products sourced from reputable suppliers. We believe that when it
comes to home adaptations, corners should not be cut, which is why when you have a bathroom fitted by Cooley Healthcare, you are guaranteed:
- High quality products
- Professional installation by experienced fitters
- A stylish, modern finish
- A perfect solution to make daily life more manageable.
At Cooley Healthcare, our customers are our top priority, so we go above and beyond to ensure a high-quality finish in all of our bathrooms. For more information about our disability bathrooms and other services, please contact us on 01 547 0611, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.